Useful properties of ginger and ginger tea recipes
Oddly enough, one of the most useful spices – ginger, in our country not too popular. Probably, it so happened that not many people are aware of the useful properties of ginger. In Sanskrit, ginger, or visvabharati”, means “universal medicine”. Even in the first century ad, described the warming effect of ginger, digestive benefits and even mentioned ginger as an antidote.
As a spice, ginger is used to cook almost all meals, teas and even is used in pure form, “together”, including with lemon and salt. Usually on sale you can find fresh and dry (powdered) ginger. Fresh ginger is the most fragrant, and dry ginger is more pungent. To prepare fresh ginger for use,
since it is necessary to scrape off the skin and grate.
Spicy taste, ginger root belongs to the category of “hot spices” inciting “fire” of digestion and improves circulation. The taste of ginger is spicy and sweet.
This combination of taste and medicinal qualities as ginger, is not found in any other spices, and even recognized the medicinal plants are sometimes compared to ginger’s palm. As a medicine, ginger has a long list of properties.
• Has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, healing, diaphoretic, tonic, bactericidal, choleretic, antibacterial action.
• Has strong anti-oxidant and soothing effect, strengthens the immune system, protects against parasites, delayed growth of bacteria, used in helminthic diseases.
• Nourishes the entire body, has a beneficial effect on the digestive system. Systematic use of ginger in food, in small amounts increases internal heat, increases the appetite, stimulates digestion and formation of gastric juice, improves the secretion of the stomach, is effective in dyspepsia, eructation, gastric ulcer.
• Effective for colds: colds, flu, coughs, congestion of the lungs, sinusitis, also very good for sore throat, has an expectorant effect, and brewed crushed roots well warm the body.
• Ginger is a great remedy for a variety of allergic and skin diseases, and bronchial asthma.
• It is effective for various kinds of pains in the abdomen, when intestinal, renal, biliary colic.
• It is used for flatulence, to stop diarrhea and to neutralize the harmful effects of animal poisons, it is also used for mushroom poisoning.
• Reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
• Has a slight laxative.
• Reduces pain caused by disease of the joints, is used for rheumatism, arthrosis and arthritis, swelling, sprains, muscle pains.
• Helps to relieve cramps during menstruation. Checked
• Is a wonderful remedy for mental or physical fatigue, which will help you overcome a stressful situation and regain strength.
• It is also used in paralysis and jaundice.
• Stimulates the thyroid gland.
• Improves cerebral blood circulation (that’s right, after a Cup of ginger tea felt a slight burning in my head, but nevertheless pleasant). it strengthens blood vessels and improves learning and memory, lowers blood pressure, helps in the treatment of atherosclerosis.
• Ginger is very effective in the fight against aging, in addition, it will increase potency, helps in the treatment of infertility, increases the tone of the uterus and sexual arousal.
• This is the best tool of toxins, bad perevarivshee food waste, which is deposited in the cells of the body and poison the entire body, which ultimately leads to various diseases.
• Very popular use of ginger for weight loss, as it tends to speed up the metabolism.
• Effective against sea sickness” (it not only relieves nausea, and dizziness, weakness), it is also used to relieve symptoms of toxemia during pregnancy.
• Useful for cancer prevention and formation of malignant tumors.
• If after eating to chew fresh ginger root, he for a long time makes your breath fresh and will save you from many problems in the oral cavity.
• Ginger is used to facilitate the expression of the beneficial properties of the other herbs in the collection.
Yes, in addition, improves the condition of skin, the complexion becomes fresher, which is also important. In General, in my opinion, ginger tea is a godsend for the urban dweller.
Recipes ginger tea
Now directly about how to make ginger tea. There are different recipes: winter warming ginger tea and refreshing summer options. As for me, I make ginger tea two ways: with crushed ginger and root. With crushed ginger can be done easily: brewed green tea with honey, lemon and 1/3 teaspoon of ground ginger. Ground ginger, by the way, you can add in coffee with milk, and black/green tea. With root by doing the following recipe:
in the teapot to throw green tea,spearmint (dried, fresh, pre-breaking to pieces :)) and grated ginger (about 1.5 tbsp 0.6 l of water), pour boiling water, put a couple tablespoons of honey, to give 5 minutes to infuse, stir well, strain through a sieve, squeeze ginger, add 3-4 tbsp of lemon juice and a pinch of black or red pepper. You can drink both hot and chilled. It was originally this recipe. just a little gag, but still tasty.
Useful properties of ginger are due to the fact that he was rich:
– vitamins C, B1, B2 and A,
– trace elements (sodium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, zinc),
– amino acids (tryptophan, threonine, Leysin, methionine, phenylalanine, valine).
Recipe of ginger tea can be different. In particular it differs depending on what purpose you use it – to maintain strength, as a beverage or as a medicine.
But in any case, ginger tea improves digestion because it promotes development of gastric juice and relieves pain in the abdomen, with inflammatory properties, improves metabolism. Ginger tea is good for blood circulation, the respiratory system. It has expectorant, tonic, warming, antiemetic effect. Due to the fact that it makes the food more digestible and gives it an interesting flavour, there are so many recipes with ginger.
To prepare ginger tea you will need:
– fresh or dried ginger,
– mint leaves,
– black pepper in powder form,
– lemon or orange juice, ideally freshly squeezed.
Please note, in order to maximize the beneficial properties of ginger, it is better to take fresh ginger. The root should be firm, not shriveled and clean. If you use dried, then take 2 times less ginger and cook a little longer, because dried ginger even more active and sharp.
The classic recipe of ginger tea implies it is the jam of ginger root. To do this, cut a piece of ginger (as they say in India, per liter of water you need to take ginger the size of your thumb) about 4 – 5 cm long, peel it, then cut, and the better to RUB on a small grater. Bring water to a boil and put the ginger, then cook it on slow fire for about 10 minutes, add black pepper in the cooking process. To enhance the beneficial properties of ginger, after removing from the heat and straining it add to our “brew” a couple teaspoons of sugar or lemon (or both), 1/3 of pressed lemon or orange. This is the way I advise you to prepare ginger tea, if you want to use it as a remedy for colds. It will not only warm you but also cheer, delight their healing properties, pleasant aroma and cheerful “Sunny” color.
If your goal is to prepare a medicinal drink, you can do more simple and quick recipe of ginger tea. For example, you can also add grated ginger to boiling water, but not boil, and immediately remove from heat.
Another way is to put in a regular Cup with about one tablespoon of ginger, again lemon or orange juice, honey, sugar, then pour all this water at room temperature. The circle should be filled about 1/4. Then ginger tea is filled to the brim with hot but not boiling water. Let the tea infuse for about 5 minutes, then it can be drunk. This drink is more soft and gentle and is good for toning the body, for preventing the common cold. And due to the fact that we are not “poison” the ingredients with boiling water, the beneficial properties of ginger, lemon and honey are preserved intact.
Ginger tea for lactation
1 tbsp ground ginger 0.5 liters of water, boil for 5 minutes and drink 1/3 Cup 3 times a day.